Sunshine Ace Hardware recognized 12 of its top associates through its Core Value Awards, honoring employees who embody the locally owned company’s guiding principles.
Associate Julie Puch, who has worked at the Golden Gate store for two years, received the Don Q. Wynn Associate of the Year Award, which recognizes a team member who embodies all of Sunshine Ace’s core values and contributes to its mission. Don Wynn founded Sunshine Ace Hardware in 1958.
Associate Beau Rench, an employee of the Marco Island store for eight years, earned the Anne Wynn Humanitarian of the Year Award for his ongoing commitment to the community through service and participation in community and charity events, volunteering and going above and beyond for company-sponsored events. Anne Wynn was Don’s wife and a passionate community advocate.
“Julie and Beau are role models and inspirations for their colleagues, and both of them pour their heart and soul into their work, their families and their communities,” said Michael Wynn, President of Sunshine Ace Hardware and Crowder Bros. Ace Hardware. “Our company’s core values aren’t just a set of principles posted in the break room. Julie, Beau and hundreds of other associates live and breathe these values every day, and their dedication is the primary reason our company has been able to thrive while consistently exceeding customer expectations.”
Sunshine Ace also honored 10 additional associates, one representing each core value. Honorees include:
- Deliver Sunshine: Andrea O’Donnell, Port Charlotte
- Care for your Neighbor: Doug Kallinich, Marco Island
- Build Honest Relationships: Mike Fitterer, Bonita Springs
- Inspire Confidence: Lois Limer, East Naples
- Own It: Tina Lonkart, Naples
- Be Humble: Christy Gully, Bradenton
- Support Each Other: Marci Shackleford, Lakewood Ranch
- Create Solutions through Imagination: Jarret Hoppe, Sunshine Support Office
- Love, Laugh, Work Hard: Mitchell Desaulniers, Largo
- Drive Results: Jeffery Gawel, Largo