Beginning 6 years ago, the Marco Island Foundation for the Arts (MIFA)has recognized a new ‘Artist of the Year’ every spring. Our non-profit organization is once again requesting the public to submit their nomination for the 2020 Artist of the Year in writing no later than May 15th, 2020. Submissions must include the name and contact information of the person submitting the nomination. Be sure to include adequate support information about the person or group being nominated including achievements, previous awards, and contact information. Slides, photographs, CD’s, DVDs, recent reviews, etc., are helpful, but also optional.
Although we are all experiencing the changes brought on by COVID-19, MIFA’s board members still want to recognize a 2020 Artist of the Year for his/her outstanding leadership and service to our community in the visual arts, performing arts or the literary arts. Please do not be shy! Let us know who you believe has made a big impact in the arts here in our community.
Our previous Artist of the Year winners include:
- 2014: Melinda Trick, Veterans Mural and Portraits, Visual Artist
- 2015: Tara O’Neill, President of Goodland Arts Alliance, and Visual Artist
- 2016: JRobert Houghtaling, Musician, Composer, Song Writer and Producer
- 2017: Austin Bell, Curator of Collections for the Marco Island Historical Society
- 2018: Gina Sisbarro, Sisbarro Acting Studio. Producer, director, and writer of plays. Works with students and adults.
- 2019: Sherri Morrison, Creative graphic designer serving the Marco Island, Goodland and Naples area.
Please mail your written nominations to the Marco Island Foundation for the Arts, P.O. Box 1091, Marco Island, FL 34146 no later than May 15th.
The 2020 Artist of the Year will be announced this summer. We look forward to receiving your nominations!!
More information can be found at the Marco Island Foundation for the Arts website, www.marcoislandfoundation.org. For questions, call Carolyn Burger at 239-389-0280 or Karen Swanker at 239-642-3673.