Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Electrocution/Fire at Marco Hilton

The Marco Island Police Department and Fire Rescue Department responded to an electrocution and common structure fire at the Hilton Marco Island Resort & Spa on Thursday, July 26.

A subcontractor for Hendrick Brothers Construction Company was doing electrical work at the hotel when the incident occurred.

The Hilton has provided the following statement:  A subcontractor on the renovation team at the Hilton Marco Island Resort & Spa was injured by an electrical discharge from a panel on the 8th floor of the hotel.  EMTs responded immediately to our call giving the worker first aid onsite before sending him to a local area hospital for treatment.  No damage was sustained on the 8th floor where work has already resumed.

Coastal Breeze News will provide updates to this story on coastalbreezenews.com as they become available.

One response to “Electrocution/Fire at Marco Hilton”

  1. Mary Edinger says:

    Has the Hilton thought about having a Priest come over and bless the Hilton property?
    In Hawaii, they bless the properties by a Priest before and after the completion of a building, so that it will be prosperous, and hopefully welcoming for all.
    They even do that for the first time arrival of a new airline starting up service and arriving there, in HNL.

Leave a Reply to Mary Edinger Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *