Season is here and in full swing. Locals and visitors alike can enjoy all the fun and exciting live music our community has to offer. From the family friendly “Marco Island Seafood Festival” and Mackle Park’s “Winter Concert Series”, to laid back evenings at great venues like Tara’s Steak & Lobster House, The Little Bar and Camellia Street Grill, season brings many chances to see awesome live entertainment. Restaurants, bars and nightclubs are far busier this time of year, so they tend to have more live entertainment than in the off season.
So…I dedicate this “tweaks” (my new word meaning “two-weeks”) “Music Notes” to making sure you don’t miss any of the fun stuff planned for the rest of the season, just because nobody told you. I’m telling you now. Here goes. Ready?
• March 24th-25th “2012 Marco Island Seafood Festival”. Here’s the rundown for the bands. (For moreinfo go to marcoislandseafoodfestival.com)
Noon – Del Prados (“The premier 50’s and 60’s and Doo Wop group in S.W. Florida.)
2:00PM – Gator Nate & Gladezmen (“Electrified swamp rocking’ country & blues from the Everglades.”)
4:00PM & 6:15PM – Jim Long (“Ocean City party monster with crazy Island Fun.”)
4:30PM – Gema Pearl/Lee Brovitz (“A Spectra Records recording artist’s debut CD release!”)
7:00PM – The Landsharks (“A world class Jimmy Buffett tribute band…Fun, fun, fun…just add water!”)
Noon – The WholeTones (“Fresh musical virtuosity…where youth and talent abide!)
2:00PM – Hot Damn Duo (“The party is here…country music with a spark!)
4:00PM – Danny Morgan Band (“Sanibel Island’s legendary Florida recording artist.)
• March 25th, and April 1st & 15th “Winter Concert Series” At Mackle Park – 2:00PM. Featuring The Marco Island Strummers, The sounds of The Marco Big Band, and Mr. &
Mrs. Trio w/ Michael Nardi, in that order. Bring your own lawn chair as seats are limited. (For more infogo to cityofmarcoisland.com)
• March 28th – The Wholetones at Marco Island Brewery
• March 31st – The Raiford Starke Band at The Little Bar in Goodland. 8PM.
• April 1st- The Mooney Mann Band at Lely Resort Farmers Mkt. Noon.
• April 6th – Rockin’ Jake at The Little Bar
• April 7th – The Wholetones at The Little Bar
• April 10th – Hot Damn at Toucan’s of Marco (239-394-0374)
• April 13th – Big Buck & The Biscuit Boys at The Little Bar
• April 19th-Ryan Darling at The Little Bar
Weekly Music Events:
• Every Wednesday – Gator Nate at Camellia Street Grill in Everglades City 6-9PM
• Every Thursday – Bob Leary at Sasso’s International Cuisine 6-10PM
• Every Thursday – Frank Carroll at Toucan’s of Marco
• Every Friday – Katherine Koller at Sasso’s International Cuisine 7-11PM
• Every Saturday – Rosetta Stone at Sasso’s International Cuisine 7-11PM
• Every Friday & Sat – Beth Thompson at Toucan’s of Marco
• Every Sunday – Merrill at The Little Bar in Goodland
Ok, wellthat is the “411” on this season’s happenings in the area. Of course I couldn’t cover all the live music in one article, but I tried to hit some of the strong points. So go out, have fun and enjoy all the great entertainment our community has to offer. Note: please be safe, and if you hear music you like, let the performer know by throwing a few bucks in the tip jar!
Until next time, keep singin’ and dancin’! ADIOS!
AND: Next “tweek”, I will be interviewing a few cool musicians around town and getting their perspective on our own little piece of “paradise”!
Nate Augustus is a singer/songwriter from the Marco/Naples area. His band “Gator Nate & The Gladezmen” can be seen at many local venues. He has released multiple albums on his record label “SwampSong”. For more info on Nate and his musical doings, go to www.Gladezmen. com or facebook.com/NateAugustus. His latest CD “Gator Nate Augustus-Only Child Family Band” is available on CDBaby and Itunes.