The Collier County Public Library will honor our local authors at its first ever Author and Book Fest. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 21, at the South Regional Library, 8065 Lely Cultural Parkway, Naples, Florida 34113.
Join more than 30 local authors to discuss, celebrate and discover books for adults, children and teens. This is the perfect venue to meet local writers, purchase books and participate in several breakout sessions.
Those sessions include:
- An 11 a.m. talk from local author D.K. Christi, who takes readers on a world tour from South Korea to Corkscrew Swamp that jumps from the headlines.
- At 11:30 a.m., join “Sit With Less Pain” author Jean Erlbaum as she leads participants through chair yoga moves from her book.
- Arlene Levin will share how her cookbook, “My Cooking Journey, Arlene’s Simple to Lavish” was 30 years in the making. Her noon presentation will give hungry patrons the opportunity to sample a couple of her award winning recipes.
- Poet Len Solo will read his poems and discuss his writing process at 12:30 p.m.
- At 1 p.m., children’s author Lisa Trebilcock will discuss her two books – “N is for Naples” and “E is for Everglades” – about two curious children who discover the fun and adventure of these special places.
- And at 1:30, Suzi Weinert will discuss her writing adventure, which had included Hollywood knocking on her door to make a TV movie based on her published work.
The Author and Book Fest is a wonderful opportunity for residents and library patrons to meet the talented men and women who draw inspiration for their writing from our community. We hope to see you for this fun, free event!
For more information, contact Public Information Coordinator Kate Albers at (239) 252-8579 or emailKateAlbers@colliergov.net.