The Collier Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) opened a 30 day public comment period for the adoption of the 2035 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) Amendment on Feb. 8. The Collier MPO Board will hold a public hearing in conjunction with its regular meeting to formally adopt the plan on March 9 at 9 AM at the Board of County Commissioners Chambers on the third floor of the Collier County Government Center, 3299 Tamiami Trail East, Naples.
The 2035 LRTP Amendment is posted on the Collier MPO’s Web site at http:// colliercountympo.com for the public to review prior to the scheduled public hearing. To access the amendment, click on the “Latest News” section on the left side of the Web site. A hard copy of the amendment will be provided upon request by contacting MPO Principal Planner Sue Faulkner at 239-252-8192.
Hard copies of the 2035 LRTP Amendment will be on display at the following sites for public review through March 9:
• Collier County Government Center North 2335 Orange Blossom Drive, Naples.
• Naples City Hall,735 8th Street South, Naples.
• Marco Island City Hall, 50 Bald Eagle Drive, Marco Island.
• Everglades City Hall, 102 NE Copeland Avenue, Everglades City.
• Collier County Growth Management Division – Construction and Management 2885 S. Horseshoe Drive, Naples.
• Southwest Florida Works, 750 S. 5th Street, Immokalee.
• All Collier County Public Libraries.
The LRTP identifies highway, transit, pathways and other transportation projects in Collier County that are needed and are expected to be cost-feasible over the next 25 years. Comments should be submitted in writing to the MPO prior to the public hearing. All comments received will be considered for inclusion in the 2035 LRTP Amendment.
For questions or additional information, call MPO Executive Director Lucilla Ayer, at 239-252-8192.